Solicitor in Leicester for
Buying or Selling a Business
I’ve worked with Steven for a number of yeears. Unusually for a lawyer, he is very commercially minded, and can get to the nub of issues straight away. Would thoroughly recommend him.
0116 3667 900
Business Sales & Purchases
Solicitor in Leicester specialising in Business Sale/Business Purchases
Steven Mather Solicitor is a specialist business sale solicitor in Leicester, backed by the national team at Nexa Law. Steven has acted for hundreds of businesses and so if you are looking for legal advice on share purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements or other business M&A transactions, you’ve found the right lawyer. Every time Steven strives to provide:
- Plain English Advice
- Time – to understand your situation and all that you’re faced with
- Results – getting the best possible result for you
- Value – fixed fees for your certainty where possible
- Convenience – meetings by phone, video call or in-person at a time to suit you.
Urgent business sale/purchase Advice?
Why do you need a solicitor for a business sale/purchase?
Buying or selling a business, whether in Leicester or wider afield, is a big thing for many people, and not something that our clients have ever done before and therefore you need more than just excellent legal support; you need sound business advice as well.
Buying or selling a business, whether in Leicestershire or elsewhere, will usually come in the following stages.
- You’ve found the buyer/seller
- You’ve agreed in principle what the deal is (sometimes called Heads of Terms)
- You now want to make sure that what your buying or selling is exactly what you agreed, and that there are no nasty surprises once money changes hands (Due Diligence).
- Contract negotiations
- Advice on warranties
- Actual transfer of shares or assets/contracts etc
The good news is that Steven Mather specialises in business sales and purchases – typically deals worth between £500k and £5m. Steven’s ideal client is not a mega-corporation, but someone in Leicester who would really value and appreciate excellent legal advice.
In the last 2 years, we’ve helped buy or sell:
- A £250k Financial Services business
- A £160,000 franchised business.
- A £4m medical services company
- A £7m plant hire business
- A £3m lighting business
- A £260,000 gardening franchise
- £1.1 million sheet metal business
- A £41,000 escape room business
- A £800,000 agricultural business
- A £900,000 alarm business
- A £250,000 financial services business
- A £100,000 accountancy business
- A £1.2m instrumentation business
- A £1.4m haulage business
- Plus others
We help buy and sell businesses in Leicester and the East Midlands. What you get with Steven is straight-talking, effective, excellent, professional advice. That level of service isn’t cheap, but if you want a great job doing and want to have direct contact with Steven rather than be passed down to a trainee, then you’ve found the right lawyer for your business.
If you’re buying an existing franchise (a franchise resale) see our dedicated page here.
How much will it all cost?
Steven works with fixed fees, and for each job a bespoke proposal is given.
We typically start at between 1-2% of the overall deal value in calculating a baseline for fees. However, sometimes that doesn’t quite work, particularly on deals below £250,000 – so we have a minimum fee of £2,500 plus vat for the smaller deals.
However, I’d much rather you give me a call on 0116 3667900 and have a chat about your requirements and how Steven Mather might help.
Incidentally, we rarely price match other solicitors – simply because the lower priced ones don’t provide the same level of service (or any!). However, we will usually be cheaper than ‘proper’ commercial firms (eg those with glass fronted offices, ones in Legal 500, ones that have a ‘coffee menu’… you know the ones).
Next Steps for your Business Sale/Purchase?
Whether you are buying or selling a business, doing as a share sale or an asset purchase, or you just don’t know – get in touch.
Steven’s typical client is probably like you – never sold a business before – and so we’ll help you every step of the way.