Solicitor in Leicester for
Corporate restructuring, reorganisation and insolvency advice
I have had the pleasure of using Steven for many, many years for both Business and Personal legal matters – with some great results. Highly recommended.
0116 3667 900
Business Restructuring & Reorganisations
Specialist legal and commercial advice on company restructuring whether due to insolvency, strategic reasons, tax advice or planning for a sale.
From setting up a limited company, to share issues, share options, share schemes and much more, Steven Mather Solicitor is a specialist company law solicitor in Leicester, backed by the national team at Nexa Law. Steven has acted for hundreds of businesses and so if you are looking for legal advice on Company Law matters you’ve found the right lawyer. Every time Steven strives to provide:
- Plain English Advice
- Time – to understand your situation and all that you’re faced with
- Results – getting the best possible result for you
- Value – fixed fees for your certainty where possible
- Convenience – meetings by phone, video call or in-person at a time to suit you.
Urgent Company Law Advice?
What is Business Restructuring and Reorganisation?
There are a number of reasons a business might consider restructuring. These include:
- Tax advice – your accountant/tax advisor has suggested a better structure than needs putting in place
- Strategic planning – eg hiving up property to a holding company or ring fencing assets or company in a group structure
- Sale of part of a business – may lead to restructuring the business
- Staff restructuring – making redundancies or changing of terms and conditions
- Insolvency or downturn in business may require restructuring of the business to help the recovery.
Obviously, each restructuring project is bespoke and depends on the circumstances of the business in question. Our expert lawyers can help you through the process, working closely together with your accountancy and tax advisors, or insolvency practitioners, to create the best structure as quickly and smoothly as possible.
We’ll work to ensure that:
- We help set up any newco’ s required properly
- Articles of Association and Shareholders agreements are reviewed to make sure they don’t affect the proposal
- Assist your tax advisor in any HMRC Clearance if required
- Draft up all the documents required, such as:
- Share for Share Transfer Agreements / Share Purchase Agreements
- Statutory Demerger processes
- Resolutions for reductions in share capital
- Asset / business transfer agreements
- We consider things like Goodwill, warranties, indemnities etc
- Your existing contracts are not affected
- Staff issues are properly dealt with to minimise grievances and employment tribunals
- plus much more
A business restructuring can be a complicated affair. Steven Mather Solicitor will make it as smooth and as easy as possible.
How much will it all cost?
Steven works with fixed fees, and for each job a bespoke proposal is given.
Company Law varies completely in cost, and could be something as little as a few hundred pounds, but typically work in this category would be £1,000-3,000 plus VAT.
However, I’d much rather you give me a call on 0116 3667900 and have a chat about your requirements and how Steven Mather might help.
Incidentally, we rarely price match other solicitors – simply because the lower priced ones don’t provide the same level of service (or any!). However, we will usually be cheaper than ‘proper’ commercial firms (eg those with glass fronted offices, ones in Legal 500, ones that have a ‘coffee menu’… you know the ones).
Next Steps for your Company Law issue?
Whether you are putting in place some new shares,looking at a shareholder agreement or you just don’t know what you need – get in touch.
Steven’s typical client is probably like you – a business owner who knows their business well but needs a hand with legal stuff. I’m here to be your trusted advisor.