Contract Disputes Solicitors Leicester
I am an expert in Contract Law Disputes. I have dealt with hundreds of contract disputes and every time we strive to provide:
- Plain English Advice
- Time – to understand your situation and all that you’re faced with
- Results – getting the best possible result for you
- Value – fixed fees for your certainty where possible
- Convenience – meetings by phone, video call or in-person at a time to suit you.
Urgent Contract Law Advice?
Do you have an urgent contract law matter?
Call us now for an appointment or book online. I can usually see you within 24 hours.
What are contract disputes?
The vast majority of disputes that I deal with are based on a contract. Contracts can be written down (express) or oral (implied).
A contract is where one party agrees to do something for another, usually in return for payment. Typically, a contract will be for the supply of goods, or the supply of services (or both), but can be in respect of any subject matter.
There is some legislation which governs contracts and contracts disputes. If the contract is business to business, then the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 probably apply.
If the contract is business to consumer, then the Consumer Rights Act 2015 typically apply. There’s plenty of other legislation which applies to consumers too which I can advise on of course.
A contract dispute then is when one party doesn’t do what they should have under the contract. Lawyers call this a breach of contract and typically breaches include:
- poor performance / bad workmanship
- unsatisfactory quality of goods
- lack of reasonable skill and care
- breach of consumer regulations
- not giving required cooling off periods
Why use me as your Contact Law Disputes Lawyer?
Steven Mather is a very experienced contract law disputes litigator. He has dealt with hundreds of disputes, from a few thousand pounds up to multi-million pound disputes.
We can help you from start to finish. General steps in a contract law dispute might include:
- 7 Day Letter
- Letter of Claim / Letter before action
- Issuing or defending a claim either in High Court or County Court
- Exploring settlement eg via mediation
- Preparing for trial
- Enforcement of a CCJ
* In the interests of transparency, I don’t always win, but I like winning and I want to get you the very best result possible. Rest assured, I will fight your corner every step of the way.
Recent examples of contract disputes
Here’s a sample of the kinds of breach of contract disputes I’ve dealt with recently:
- Various disputes with Builders/Gardners/Plumbers/Tradespeople
- Dispute over £250k investment into company
- Dispute over a £40k kitchen
- Dispute about farm contract work worth £5k
- Claim regarding a trade car supply company worth £35k
- Claim about a biomass boiler worth £150k
- Claim over the supply of clothing to European company worth £150k
- Dispute re the purchase of a car worth £30k
- Contracts re website developments worth £40k
- Dispute regarding supply of superyacht lighting products worth £250k
- plus lots more
How much do contract disputes cost?
There is quite a wide range in costs, as it depends on the value, complexity and other party’s actions. The following costs are estimates only, and do not include disbursements such as Court Fees, Experts or Barristers costs. You will be given a bespoke estimate or fixed fee when we discuss your case.
A Letter of Claim on a contract dispute is likely to cost between £150-1000 plus VAT.
Small Claims proceedings typically cost £250-500 plus VAT to issue, and an average of £2,000-£4,000 plus VAT to Trial.
Fast Track claims (between £10,000-£50,000) can typically cost between £8,000 and £20,000 plus VAT to Trial.
Multi Track Claims (over £50,000 up to £250,000) typically cost between £20,000 and £50,000 plus VAT.
If you’re unsure on the question of fees, or on any aspect of contract law disputes then speak to our litigation solicitor Steven Mather.
Just fill in the form on the side of this page, or give us a call to discuss further.
Instruct Me Now
To instruct a breach of contract law specialist, contact us now.
Contract Disputes Solicitor
Call on 0116 3667 900 or email email@example.com