- Claims against Solicitors
- Claims against Accountants
- Claims against IFAs
- Claims against Architects
- Claims against Professionals
Looking for expert professional negligence solicitors?
You’ll want an expert solicitor in professional negligence claims, someone who has real experience in professional negligence disputes. Every time my clients get:
- Plain English Advice
- Time – to understand your situation and all that you’re faced with
- Results – getting the best possible result for you
- Value – fixed fees for your certainty where possible
- Convenience – meetings by phone, video call or in-person at a time to suit you.
Urgent Professional Negligence Advice?
What is professional negligence?
There’s often time in your life where you need to take professional advice on matters. Professional negligence means bringing a claim against, or suing, professionals such as:
- financial advisors
- insurance brokers
Unfortunately, poor or incorrect advice can result in serious consequences for you. All professionals are required by law to act with reasonable care and skill.
Negligence is an area of law (known in the jargon as one of the Law of Torts, or Tort Law). To succeed in a claim for negligence you need to show:
- The professional owed you a duty of care;
- There was a breach of that duty
- That breach caused you loss
- The loss is not too remote
This is the so-called legal test for negligence in the UK.
To put this in context with professionals, it is not just about advice you don’t like, or investments which lost money, or a valuation being 1% lower. It’s about seriously bad advice that no other professional in the field would give or where the professional didn’t follow their own professional code of conduct or standards of practice.
Why use me as a Professional Negligence Lawyer?
Steven Mather is a very experienced professional negligence litigator. I have dealt with hundreds of disputes, from a few thousand pounds up to multi-million pound disputes.
Not many firms specialise in professional negligence claims. It requires both the guts to take on professionals and the knowledge and skill to fight the claim. Professionals will be insured, and their insurance company will have more money than you to fight a disputed claim all the way, and they will employ a Top 20 Law Firm to defend the Claim. And so you need someone on your side who is experienced in dealing with big claims, has the determination and clout to fight your corner, and the specialism to know what they are doing.
I can help you from start to finish. General steps in a negligence claim against a professional might include:
- Investigation of claim, including obtaining expert evidence from independent expert
- Letter of Claim pursuant to the Pre-Action Protocol for Professional Negligence, which gives the defendant professional 3 months to respond
- Exploring settlement eg via mediation
- Issuing or defending a claim either in High Court or County Court
- Preparing for trial
* In the interests of transparency, I don’t always win, but I like winning and I want to get you the very best result possible. Rest assured, I will fight your corner every step of the way.
Recent examples of professional negligence claims
Here’s a sample of the kinds of claims against professionals I’ve dealt with recently:
- Claim against surveyors on a mortgage for failure to identify subsidence
- Claim against solicitors firm for botched conveyancing transactions
- Claim against solicitors for negligent drafting of Will
- Claim against Accountants for failure to claim R&D tax relief
- Claim against accountants for negligent advice to property ownership in a Company
- Claim against solicitors in respect of a purchase of a flat
- Claim against solicitors firm for missing Personal Injury limitation deadlines
- Claims against solicitors for settling personal injury matters for too little compensation
- Claim against architect/project management in respect of significant over-spend on building project
- Numerous claims against IFAs
- Claims against surveyors/valuers for negligent valuation of property loaned against by Bank
- plus lots more
How much do professional negligence claims cost?
Typically, quite a lot, I won’t beat around the bush.
However, we tend to act in professional negligence on a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) also known as a “no win no fee” agreement, although this is subject to terms, availability and an initial advice fee.
Very often, our clients have the benefit of Legal Expenses Insurance through their Home Insurance. We would recommend that you investigate whether you have any insurance which would cover legal costs.
If you’re unsure on the question of fees, or on any aspect of professional negligence disputes then speak to me litigation solicitor Steven Mather.
Just fill in the form on the side of this page, or give us a call to discuss further.
Instruct Me Now
To instruct a negligence law specialist, contact us now.
Professional Negligence Solicitor
Call on 0116 3667 900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org