Here’s my 2020 Charities.
” A man reaps what he sows.”
” A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed”.
Every £10 donated enables us to unlock £50 from charitable trusts and every single penny goes to help local people and children in need.
With your help we work throughout Leicester, Leicestershire, Rutland and Northamptonshire to help change the lives of over 5,000 vulnerable individuals and families each year.
We work across three main themes supporting people in poverty or facing financial hardship:
- Basic needs: providing the basic needs to keep people warm, fed and safe by providing support with utilities, food vouchers, beds, cookers and clothing.
- Mobility equipment: ensuring that disability doesn’t mean lack of ability purely because someone can’t afford an outdoor wheelchair for example.
- Education & achievement: ensuring that people are not limited in their attainment due, for example, to the lack of a school uniform, interview clothes or travel costs.
Our primary purpose is to show compassion, support and care to those in need, to invest hope in and through people and to empower individuals to work towards a better future.
The Trust draws its values from Christian foundations inspired by Isaiah 58 (a passage from the Bible).
- That every life is valued
- That compassion should be given to and through people
- That everyone deserves a second chance
- That everyone is to be treated with love, dignity & respect
- That everyone can have hope to rebuild their future
The Trust seeks to ensure these values are outworked in every project it delivers.