The Government has released three new guidance notes online: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19 – although expect the guidance to be updated regularly.
COVID-19 Guidance for Employers
It sets out things that all Employers should know and be doing right now.
- Guidance on facemasks
- What to do if an employee or a member of the public becomes unwell and believe they have been exposed to COVID-19
- Returning from travel overseas to affected areas
- What to do if a member of staff or the public with suspected COVID-19 has recently been in your workplace
- What to do if a member of staff or the public with confirmed COVID-19 has recently been in your workplace
- When individuals in the workplace have had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Certifying absence from work
- Advice for staff returning from travel anywhere else in the world within the last 14 days
- Handling post, packages or food from affected areas
- Cleaning offices and public spaces where there are suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Rubbish disposal, including tissues
COVID-19: Guidance for Employees
The Government Guide can be found online here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-guidance-for-employees
It covers staying at home, statutory sick pay, enforced leave and working from home,
COVID-19: Support for Businesses
As announced in the Budget on Thursday 12th March (seems like ages ago!) the Government has announced several measures to help businesses through the Coronavirus Pandemic.
The guide can be found online here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
This includes a package of measures to support businesses including:
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- a Business Rate Relief for small businesses and pubs
- small business grant funding of £3,000 for all business in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR) and Rural Rates Relief
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
COVID-19: ACAS Guidance and Advice for Employers and Employees
ACAS has a daily updated website at https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus which sets out some frequently asked questions about the impact of Coronavirus on employees and employers.