- Claims against Banks
- Claims relating to Pensions / SIPPS
- Claims relating Investments
- Claims against Financial Advisers
- Mis-selling claims
- Financial Ombudsman FOS complaints
- FSCS claims
Financial Services Claims Solicitor in Leicester
I am an expert in claims relating to financial services. I have dealt with many mis-selling financial services claims worth tens of millions of pounds, and every time I strive to provide:
- Plain English Advice
- Time – to understand your situation and all that you’re faced with
- Results – getting the best possible result for you
- Value – I work on fixed fees where possible
- Convenience – meetings by phone, video call or in person at a time to suit you.
Urgent Financial Services Legal Advice?
What is Financial Services Litigation?
Financial Services claims usually relate to the misselling of financial products such as:
- misselling of pensions / SIPPs
- misselling of investments
- misselling of loans / funds / accounts
- misselling of insurance
- misselling by financial advisers
- misselling by banks
However, I do not simply deal with misselling claims. Financial Services claims cover all types of claims against financial institutions. If a company is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) then it is an “authorised person” under the Conduct of Business Sourcebook (COBS) of the FCA Handbook.
These rules require “A firm must act honestly, fairly and professionally in accordance with the best interests of its client (the client’s best interests rule).” (COBS rule 2).
The COBS rules apply to all regulated activity, which include any “designated investment business” or insurance matters. This means that whether you are investing thousands into a pension or investment, or the insurance you have been sold was inappropriate, then you will have the protection of the rules.
Sadly, not all financial services providers are compliant with the rules, and can still encourage their clients to invest in incorrect products.
The fact that an investment has gone down or lost money does not give rise to a claim.
Seeking compensation for poor performance is unlikely to succeed. However, if you were truly missold then it will be on the basis that the products sold were never appropriate for you, for your risk profile as a “retail client”.
Why use me as a Financial Services Litigation Solicitor?
Steven Mather is a very experienced litigation solicitor specialising in financial services misselling claims. He has dealt with hundreds of disputes, from a few thousand pounds up to multi-million pound disputes. I was featured in The Times as Lawyer of the Week for a case against Barclays Bank Plc which made law in complex financial derivative products. I was involved in one of the first PPI claims and have also dealt with many other financial services disputes.
I can help you from start to finish. General steps in a financial services misselling claim might include:
- Reviewing the matter with you and your new IFA
- Letter of Claim / Letter before action
- Considering a Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) complaint or an FSCS Claim or
- Issuing or defending a claim either in High Court or County Court
- Exploring settlement eg via mediation
- Preparing for trial
- Enforcement of a CCJ
* In the interests of transparency, I don’t always win, but I like winning and I want to get you the very best result possible. Rest assured, I will fight your corner every step of the way.
Recent examples of Financial Services Mis-selling Claims
Here’s a sample of the kinds of misselling claims I’ve dealt with recently:
- FOS complaint over Goods in Transit insurance for small clothing company
- FOS complaint for elderly lady who was scammed out of £160,00 by fraudsters
- Advice regarding a potentially mis-sold pension
- Mis-sold Film Scheme / Film Partnership investments
- Very high value claims for missold investments sold to a number of well-known Sports players
- Significant number of claims against Banks in respect of Interest Rate Hedging Products (IRHPs/Rate Swaps) against Natwest, RBS, Barclays, HSBC and Santander
- PPI claims
- Claims relating to the mis-sale of SIPP investments
- Claim where old lady was advised to move from NSI savings to off-shore student accommodation
- FSCS claims where a firm goes into insolvency
How much do financial services misselling claims cost?
There is quite a wide range in costs, as it depends on the value, complexity and other party’s actions. The following costs are estimates only, and do not include disbursements such as Court Fees, Experts or Barristers costs. You will be given a bespoke estimate or fixed fee when we discuss your case.
These types of claims are usually carried out on either a private fee paying basis, or quite often on a deferred payment basis, such as a “no win no fee” basis, a “no win, some fee” basis or a damages based agreement where we take a percentage of whatever sum we recover as compensation for you.
You could spend anywhere between £500 plus VAT for initial review and letter to maybe £20-50,000 plus VAT for a very large claim.
If you’re unsure on the question of fees, or on any aspect of financial services disputes then speak to me litigation solicitor Steven Mather.
Just fill in the form on the side of this page, or give us a call to discuss further.
Instruct Me Now
To instruct a misselling claims specialist, contact us now.
Financial Services Claims Solicitor
Call on 0116 3667 900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org